Marshall Area Dementia Awareness Network "Walk for Memories" & "5K Run for Memories"
Come enjoy your evening at the park for a family friendly event that builds awareness for dementia and honors and remembers those affected by dementia. There will be games for all ages, prizes, music, and food available for purchase. **Wear purple!
This year we are adding a 5k fun run to the event. The race will begin at Independence Park, Marshall at 6:00 PM. It's guaranteed to be a great time.
To Register for 5K sign up at: https://runsignup.com/Race/MN/Marshall/RunforMemories
IMPORTANT INFORMATION:Early Bird Price: $25; First price increase is May 31 ($30); Final price increase is June 13 ($35)
* Race Packet pick up will be available starting at 4:00 p.m. the day of the race at Independence Park.*There are bathrooms at the park to use.
* There are T-shirts for those who registered before the May 31st deadline. Extra shirts will be distributed on a first-come-first-served basis.
*The Run for Memories 5K begins at 6:00 PM. Please plan to line up for this race around 5:55 PM. The start line Independence Park by the shelter.
Please note: The streets are not closed; be aware of your surroundings at all times and stay on the left side of the road for the majority of the race. Walkers, strollers, and dogs on leashes are welcome. If you plan to walk the race, please be courteous of your fellow participants and line up near the back of the chute. This will allow those running for personal bests to get out of the chute quickly. The 5K finish is at Independence Park near shelter.
* The race is not chipped time as this is a fun run.
* 30 Volunteers will be spaced throughout the route, these individuals will be wearing a green and holding an arrow.
* A water station will be available approximately half way through the race.
* Bottles of water and bananas will be provided at the conclusion of the race.
* The race map will be posted on Marshall Area Dementia Awareness Network Facebook page when it is available. Currently not available. (https://www.facebook.com/ACTonAlzMarshall/) Check the page often for updates!
*We love seeing your race day photos—please tag the Marshall Area Dementia Awareness Network in your social media posts!
*Registration is open until the start of the race. However, there is no need to wait until you get to the race to register!
*Thank you for participating in our Run for Memories and Walk for Memories.
All funds will stay local to continue to fulfill our mission in the Marshall community. Follow our facebook page to keep up to date on what we are doing locally (https://www.facebook.com/ACTonAlzMarshall/). Our network's mission is raising awareness through education, and advocating and connecting those experiencing memory loss and other symptoms of dementia to health, social, and spiritual services in our community.